Monday, November 23, 2009



For years a friend had been asking me to write a book. The fall of 2008 he told me the question that was on his mind at seeing an older guy, still in the Punk scene, who was Gay, and a Skinhead.
“How does he walk that line?”

That’s when I began to write.

I got stuck for a year and three weeks on this project. Then I wrote out the events here. As I type this out I’m not sure if what your about to read is to be the first chapter or the last.

I know there are typos. “Writing is about re-writing.” Once I’ve cranked the manuscript out I’ll get to the real work so don’t go to my Face Book to send corrections.


I’ve been printing out this draft and handing them out at Punk Rock Shows I attend. On advice passed down from a publisher I set up this BLOG. She said it would help to "create a Buzz". I will be posting chapters as I work on them, but who reads these things anyway? I'll stick with the low tech D.I.Y. style as well.

I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback, constructive criticism and useful advice.

I’ve also been told what folks have been taking away from my writing. So far I’ve been pleased with what I’ve heard. Let me know what you get or don’t get out of this.

The Rev. Pedro Angel Serrano

No comments:

Post a Comment